When you think debt collection you often think mafia, baseball bats and Cousin Tony coming for a casual hello.
In my career as a a lawyer at least 100 times someone asked me about getting money out of someone who owes them, they made a joke referring to a baseball bat.
Although our method of getting people to pay you is a lot easier and less messy than that, there are still some things we can learn about getting paid from the best in that business.
A lot can also be learned from the Mafia on business in general- here are our favorite quotes from the Mob on business:
- Don’t let your tongue be your worst enemy – John ‘Sonny’ Franzese
- A deal will always wait and a fool will always rush in- Arnold Rothstein
- If you think your boss is stupid, remember you wouldn’t have a job if he was any smarter – John Gotti
- Those who want respect, give respect- Tony Soprano (from the hit series, The Sopranos)
- Be careful who you call your friends, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies- Al Capone
If you need to get paid but don’t think its appropriate to arrive at the person’s office with Fat Franky (as much as you feel like it) then you can use our legal letter service.
Sign up and we’ll send a legal letter on your behalf so that you can get what’s owed to you.
Its a lot cheaper than a lawyer and a lot less complicated than calling cousin Tony.